Monday, August 13, 2007

Thing #9: Del.icio.us

Dude. Del.icio.us---awesome! Between this and bloglines I'm never going to have to remember anything again. I've already added a bunch of sites and I'm excited to use them. This is going to be so helpful when working out at the Access Desk. Sure, we have a few sites bookmarked but now I will have EVERYTHING. As sad as it is, I've actually memorized the VDX site, http://ucill.cdlib.org:8082/vdx/index.html and that was my mental bookmark. AND I don't have to guess at the 23 things site anymore.... was it ucsc23learning...ucsclearning23....23learningucsc.....The only depressing part about this wonderful program is that the only sites I can think of to mark are work related..... This service has obvious potential as an academic research tool. Students and Faculty can bookmark helpful research pages and tools and access them from anywhere! I wish I knew about this a long time ago.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have mostly work-related stuff bookmarked on del.icio.us too, but I also bookmark pages that I only use once or twice a year and can never remember the URL for, like this hotel that I like to stay at in Cambria (Is the Desert Mirage? The Desert Palm Mirage?--Many points to you if you know that that is a reference to an early episode of 90210). I can never remember the name of it, and now I don't have to.