Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thing #17: Online Applications & Tools

I really like the idea of online documents. ILL uses libsnap to store the majority of our important documents which works ok, but what if it ever crashes? (oh lord, just had to go knock on wood) Or if someone accidentally saves an excel sheet incorrectly it will make a copy instead of rewriting the original document. Also, I cannot access some of my process maps from the computer at the desk since I used a more recent version of Visio to create them.

Sarah and I have already been working on a shared Google spreadsheet--the ILL timeline. I just created another document and I am now sharing it with Sarah and Polly Mae. I really like that we can all edit it online and then save it in many different formats (pdf, text, rtf, html etc)

I think Access Services could use Google docs to better organize things we have on libsnap. (Stats, shipping sheet, process maps, etc.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We should totally start using Google docs more, in lieu (how many points do it get for using "lieu" in a sentence?) of Libsnap. 'Cause poor Libsnap, she just can't pick up what we're puttin' down.