Sunday, August 19, 2007

Thing #13: Wikis 2

Wow. I contributed to a wiki. That was completely painless. I've never actually tried that before. I'm a little confused, in the pb&j intro it stated if you were the wiki creator/manager you could simply share your password with people you wanted to allow to modify your wiki. (Which is probably the case with the wikis I tried to edit in the previous step that wouldn't let me.); but this wiki and the ALA 06 one allowed me to edit without entering anything. I know it sounds strange but I like the idea of anyone being able to add content....but the fact that anyone can delete is a little scary.

Well, I added the second paragraph under "Interlibrary Loan" . It's a brief overview of our best practices. Many thanks to Kerry Scott, Jennifer Walker (Laredo), Gina Tiramisou (not her real last name), Sarah Troy, Lisa Landsberg, and Kim Levy for establishing these best practices and making us a team based unit.

No comments: