Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thing #7 Social Networks 2

Yes. I have a Myspace page. To be honest, I had one already. I go through phases of using it. I'll get into it for about a month and then slack off.... then there will be to many messages to answer and comments to return. It's too much. I haven't logged in to my personal one since May I think. I can't log in until I answer all the messages...I don't want to be rude-even in fake life.

I do have a Interlibrary Lynn Myspace account though. Maybe I'll upload a picture or two. I was thinking about the library/academic uses for Myspace and I remembered that students have an option to list classes they are taking. They enter in their school and then the class code (Psych01) and it will link their profiles with everyone in the class (who also have a Myspace who also entered the class). A separate page is created with blogs you can create with subjects and what not. Forming study groups, help with homework or complaining about teaching styles can all be done on this page. Maybe if there was a way to automatically create a library link whenever a student enters 'UCSC' as their school. If we did have those special, nifty research pages for the class it could link to that as well.

No comments: