Monday, July 16, 2007

Thing #5b: RSS & Newsreaders 2

Well I subscribed to a few more feeds. It's interesting to see how easy the RSS feed URL is to find on some sites. Some browsers prompt you to save the feed but I think it would only work for the computer you are working on at the time (unless it prompts you to sign in to Bloglines or similar site of course). I usually sign in to Bloglines, find the feed URL & copy paste it.

I had to hunt for the feed URL on both the American Psychological Association & American Sociological Association sites. It was not user friendly. The ASA feed is interesting too; when I look at it on Bloglines, I don't get the "forum" it promises. Instead, there is just the link that opens up a new window back in the ASA forum site. Weird. It's hard to tell sometimes if a site doesn't have an RSS feed, or if it is just hidden. Of course the LAKERS homepage had a quick easy link on the left-hand side of the screen in the menu bar. SO easy. Now I can keep up on my LAKERS!!!

No comments: